Sunday, February 7, 2010

futbol

Wow, it's been a week since my last post. In short the past seven days have included ... a Spanish film from the 1930's (I learned that understanding spanish people gets harder and harder the further you go back in time), shopping (where I learned that Zara to Spain is like Starbucks to America, except there might be more Zaras), having Paella Valenciana (the dish this city is most famous for) a lamb kabob, flan and a glass of wine for only 12 euro, my first real Discoteca experience and most importantly for my European education - a futbol game.

Yesterday we descended upon Valencia CF's home stadium along with thousands of diehard fans. This wasn't even an important game (Valencia C.F. vs. Real Valladolid), but the stadium was packed from top to bottom, and there were groups of people who sang the Valencia fight song non stop for the full 90 minute game. With the sunset in the distance, and a group of adorable 4 year old boys just in front of us who were giddy just to be there munching on sunflower seeds, this was one of my favorite experiences yet.

goal for valencia! (who won 2-0)
and we got excited, too

3 comments:

  1. Grace. I love your blog. Don't even tell me it's not great. Also, I'm jealous of your futbol experience. It sounds a lot better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun! Does Zara have peppermint mochas?

    ReplyDelete