Thursday, March 11, 2010

je ne sais pas

Last weekend I went to Paris, and it was absolutely wonderful. I think it might be my favorite city in the entire world. I started thinking that maybe I should have been studying French all along instead of Spanish, because so many things that I love are French - ballet, Les Miserables, Madeline, Beauty & the Beast, my grandma. Although, in the interest of not eating my weight in food, Spain was probably a better choice. In Paris there is an adorable bakery on every corner and I feel like we stopped at almost every one to have crepes, tarts, chocolate croissants, etc.
We packed so much into three days that I don't have space to explain it all, but some of the highlights were Sacre Coeur, Montimartre, falafel in the Jewish District, running around the Louvre at night (little known fact: students get in free on friday nights!), and Shakespeare and Co. Shakespeare and Co. is a tiny, old, famous bookstore that I absolutely love. I went back two days in a row - once to look around and the second time just to sit and read.

My 3 greatest accomplishments while in Paris were...
1. Taking the metro EVERYWHERE (usually for free, because we took a hint from French kids and hopped the stalls)
2. Getting free margaritas, because we spoke Spanish
3. Meeting up with my friends Mary and Morgan from high school! I love them, and I love seeing familiar faces in a foreign country, and I love Mary's tiny Parisian apartment.
free margaritas with the owner

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you should study French. It's not too late!! I also love Paris. That is so amazing you got to run around the Louvre at night. I bet that was magical. I got a stomach bug when our class went to the Louvre. Boo.

    ReplyDelete